Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Don't step into a telemarketer's pair of shoes

So I get this phone call right at 8:15pm and I realize it's 15 minutes past my children's bedtime. The lady on the other line starts her gig, you know how they are, they talk like 256mph so you can't interrupt them for 10 minutes straight.
When I was given the choice of either taking her survey or taking her survey I politely told her I needed to get my children to bed but if she would like to call back tomorrow earlier in the day I would be happy to answer all of her questions. I get- "....Well this is an exclusive survey. I'm not sure if you'll have the opportunity to answer these questions again. I just don't know when, if ever we'll be calling your area back." So I was getting all pissed at this point because I'm trying to be all nice and agree to waste 20 minutes of my life the next day while she asks 100 questions that will benefit her and in no way me yet she's making it seem like a free pass to heaven. Me- "So you're now telling me that I can't take this survey tomorrow? This is my only opportunity to take this survey that will only waste my time and minutes on my cell phone?.....Great! Thanks so much! I look forward to not hearing from you tomorrow! Have a great night! Buh-bye! 'click'

Are you kidding me? Did she really think that was going to work? And more importantly, has it worked? I'm still in awe trying to figure out what is going on inside her head. Mysterious.



No comments:

Post a Comment